另外，哈佛大學著名自由派憲法教授Laurence Tribe出任Akin Gump（安慶）律師事務所兼任顧問，衍生出法律學術與商業之間是否衝突與如何調和的報導。美國法律界支持法官加薪的動作，也繼續擴散加溫。
- 03/03 01:25, 2007
- 02/14 20:06, 2007引述 :『ABA President Karen Mathis told her membership Monday that district judges, who earn $165,200 a year, certainly should be paid more than first-year lawyers at New York City firms. Starting annual salaries there now are $160,000.
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker recently wrote that district judges would be making roughly $100,000 a year more today had their pay risen at the same pace as U.S. salaries generally.』
- 02/14 01:29, 2007引述 :『The Judiciary Committee on Feb. 8, voting 13-6, approved a bill returning the law to its pre-Patriot Act form. Under prior law, for almost two decades, the attorney general could appoint someone to fill the vacancy for 120 days. If no permanent replacement was nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate at the end of 120 days, the chief judge of the federal district in which the vacancy occurred would appoint an interim prosecutor to serve until the president acted.
But as long as U.S. Attorneys are considered "inferior officers" under the Constitution, as they are now, the Constitution allows Congress to forgo its advise and consent power and to give the appointing authority to the president alone, heads of departments or to courts』
1. 國會對U.S. Attorney（聯邦地方檢察長）相當關切，雖然屬於inferior officer，但是原則上還是要經過參院同意。
2. 布希政府關切行政權力的單一與集中（unitary executive theory），不喜舊法中讓法院有機會決定U.S. Attorney的部分。
3. 布希政府就U.S. Attorney職位，似乎也在玩排除異己與安插親貴的遊戲。
- 02/11 13:43, 2007引述 :『二、…多元而專業的時代，法官原就不可能是任何領域的專家，而法官在專業方面的空白，正是沒有成見，能作公平審判的重要基石。當事人兩造無能提出專業意見，透過詰問與辯論說服法官，是當事人的過錯，不在法官的無知。
司法審判仍是一項高度專業的工作，應由具此專業之人，依正常訴訟制度為之，始足以獲得民眾信賴，進而公正地保障人民權利。必須是受過嚴格選取與訓練的「法官」，才具公信力，始能在審判席上定紛止爭。』標註 ─ 章忠信的讜論，注意到專家證人制度未受良好使用，與專家偏見的危險。
- 02/09 23:16, 2007引述 :『Tribe, who has been a law professor for 37 years, said he discussed his arrangement at Akin Gump with the law school's administration. The school's policy restricts full-time professors from undertaking outside endeavors that demand more than 20 percent of their work time, he said. His work ethic and his experience allayed any concerns from the administration, he said. Tribe added that he expects the arrangement to save him time and allow him to devote more energy to pro bono projects.』標註 ─ 討論美國法學院教授在律師事務所兼職的目前發展、優缺點與相關限制
- 01/30 22:56, 2007引述 :『Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye on Friday termed the ongoing and as yet unsuccessful battle for judicial pay raises the "ultimate assault on judicial independence."』標註 ─ 州法官也在推動加薪！要州最高法院院長帶頭去遊說州議會為法官加薪，真是有點情何以堪。
引述 :『Iglesias this week said he believes he was dismissed because he resisted pressure by two members of Congress to rush indictments before last year's election in an investigation of an alleged Democratic kickback scheme.』
標註 ─ 事情越來越有趣了，被換掉的聯邦地方檢察長（U.S. Attorney）之中，有人表示是基於政治原因。參眾兩院司法委員會要傳喚其中四位到聴證會作證。